CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, March 13, 2010

A slick Saturday Spotlight

Good morning!!!!  Time for another fun Saturday Spotlight challenge!!!  This week the Divas....would like to challenge you to be "so slick"! Nope, it's not a typo! We mean "slick" as in slick card stock, embellishments, acetate paper, crystal lacquer, etc. etc....list can go on and on! We figured this was the season for Spring rain, so why not make something slick or 'wet looking'! Sound like fun?!! Grab your slickness and get creating! We'd love to see what you come up with!
 This was a tricky one for me.  We(well mainly my father) more often use slick to mean good as in "oooh this will work slick."  or sarcastically as in "slick move" when you do something pretty stupid or finally as in icy roads. So I really didn't know what to do.  I looked at my sassy studios images and saw the lady in the bath with water on the floor.  Well water on tile floors is slick, so I thought that would work slick(see what I'm doing here with the word play??? yep it's early!!)  Then I added a little crystal effects to the floor and bubbles and thought that actually is slick! 
The papers are basic gray wisteria and the sentiment is from SU.  I also added some primas and pearls for a girly touch.  Check out the rest of the divas slick creations HERE.
Challenges.....
Saturday Secret crafter...anything goes
Friday Sketchers...sketch

Thanks for stoppin' by!

10 comments:

Rhonda

I love the way her feet stick out. I am learning this technique and I hope to get the hang of it soon. Beautiful card.

Crystal

This is gorgeous Erin, fabby job with this image and slick challenge!

Unknown

this is a gorgeous card, such a fab image and the DP is beautiful

Aud

Wow, this is wonderful! ♥

Thanks for joining us at Friday Sketchers this week!

Hugs,
Aud

Cathy

Gorgeous card and such a fabulous image. I love those papers too! Thank you for joining in the SCSC this week.
Cathy xx

Jessica G.

Gorgeous coloring on this image, Erin, and awesome embellies/DP combo (one of my favorite BGs!)to really make this card stunning! Slick AND elegant!!

Anonymous

Erin, WOW!! You sure made a bubble bath look very luxurious lady!! :) I love your pretty flowers and your coloring rocks!! Thanks for doing such a brilliant job!! HUGS

Boni Boutelle-Jones

I can smell the flowers from here! LOL This card is totally relaxing! So soft and pretty!

Michele Roos

WOW!!! Love your gorgeous card Erin! Hugs Michele x

Darlene

Oh my gosh ... how did I miss this! FANTASTIC girlie! Very Calgahon Take Me Away!! Great job!