CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, March 28, 2009

Lots of stuff for a Saturday

Hope you're all having a great weekend!! I just got home from work and realized I needed to make an Easter card for my niece today so I could give it and some Easter treats to my Brother in law to bring up to her. This is her 1st Easter!! So I decided to use Ellie's sketch and super adorable Rebecca Rabbit stamp to make the card. It also fits in to A spoonful of sugar's Easter challenge and cute card Thursday's all in the family challenge.

I wanted to make a fun and bright card, so I chose these retired polka dots and paisley papers from SU. I paired them with turquoise and kiwi kiss. I colored Rebecca with my copics and gave her a fuzzy tail. I hand wrote the sentiment as my "Easter" sentiment didn't fit the oval punch.

Now onto exciting news.....

Whimsy Stamps has started up a Whimsy Stamps Challenges Blog! Denise will post new challenges every other Monday, starting on April 13th! These challenges will be a way for us to share all things Whimsy, have some fun, and maybe win a little something too! You'll also find news and updates about Whimsy Stamps on the Challenges site.
Currently, they are holding a Challenges Design Team Call! This call is open to anyone, from anywhere. They are looking to fill about 8 spots with talented and enthusiastic crafters who will create inspiration samples for the challenges using Whimsy Stamps images. For more details on the call and to check out the new Whimsy Stamps Challenges site, click HERE!This call is open until 11:59pm on Sunday, April 5th. Denise will announce the new Challenges Design Team on Tuesday, April 7th and the first challenge will kick off on Monday, April 13th!
Please note****This DT call is for the Whimsy Stamps Challenges Blog, not Whimsy Stamps Company Site or the Whimsy Stamps Company Design Team
And if that were NOT enough, Whimsy is hosting their first ever blog hop! It will take place on April 5th....so be watching for up-coming details about it on my blog and on the brand new Whimsy blog as well!!!
How's that for a jammed packed Saturday afternoon!! Now I'm going to dinner with friends, have a great night:)
Thanks for stoppin' by!

13 comments:

Riet

wowww Erin,what a beautiful card,l love the image and color.

hugs Riet.x

Julie

Very sweet card, I love the fuzzy tail

Donna

Fantastic card Erin and such pretty papers :) Donna x

~Denise Lynn~

Super cute card Erin! That fluffy tail is a wonderful addition to finish off that image! Great papers and layout too. :)

Lorraine A

Oh this is very cute :-) I love the fluffy cottontail :-)Gorgeous card !
Lorraine

Maria Matter

Oh, Erin, this is absolutely adorable!!!! Love the bunny and his fluffy little tail! The paper/colors are just perfect!
Blessings, Maria

Linanna DESIGNS

Good morning Erin, wow, what a gorgeous card hunny i love the image you've used its stunning. I hope you are well. You have been busy since my last visit with so many gorgeous cards hunny! thank you for sharing your inspiration, hugs Linda x

Deb

Fabulous Easter card Erin, so love the Easter bunny, he is so cute, gorgeous papers too! WEll done on fitting it into 3 challenges too!
Many thanks for joining in the CCT challenge, hope you are having a great weekend, hugs Debx

Ellibelle

What a cute card Erin! Love your coloring and the papers you used. Love the tail!! Thanks so much for playing along!

Laura VanVleet

This is ca-ute!!! Love the card!

Paula

Adorable card, I'm sure your niece will love it!

Anonymous

OMG!!! Erin, this is so so adorable!! I really love that little bunny tail!!! SWEET!! :)

Emily

This is so cute Erin! Love the colors and layout! That image is so cute! Your coloring looks great! love the doodling!