CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, March 29, 2009

Thank You


Happy Sunday! It's raining like crazy here, but hopefully it's washing away the rest of the snow. I made this card as a "thank you" for my aunt for watching my girls last night while my hubby and I went out to dinner with friends.
I was super excited to make it because I got to try out a bunch of new goodies. The first is some yummy porcelain basic grey paper and coordinating brads that I ordered from Whimsy stamps. The second is a jumbo grommet I pre-ordered from the SU's occasions mini catalog. I colored Emma using copics according to the copic colour challenge. I used E31 and a bunch of different pinks. I popped up the umbrella on dimensionals. The sketch is from Sketch Saturday, I turned it on it's side.
There is also a funny little detail about this card. While I was uploading the picture, I did a little blurfing and came across Denise's post. We both made thank you cards for our aunts using the same image, sketch, papers and copic colors!!! What are the chances??? Great minds I guess!!!
Thanks for stoppin' by!

17 comments:

Deb

I just read Denise's post 5 mins ago and had to take a double take when reading yours, how funny! Your cards are so similar too, obviously both have good taste! Love your pretty card, fabulous image, paper and flowers!
Have a great evening, Debx

~Denise Lynn~

Beautiful card! I can't believe how close both of ours are too! Super funny! Love how you flipped this sketch. Fabulous coloring and love the accents! :)

Deb M.

Love your card, Erin!! Adorable Emma & beautiful coloring.

TFS...

Marcea

what great taste you both have, lol
great card hunny - hope you had a fab evening
-x-

Michelle Redman

This is just precious!! I am looking forward to being on the DSO DT with you!! This is gonna be so much fun!!
Great job!!

Judi

Very cute card.

Michele Roos

Gorgeous card Erin. Love the way you've coloured in the adorable Emma. Yummy papers and flowers also. Hugs Michele x

Riet

what a beautiful card Erin,l love the image.

hugs Riet.x

Anonymous

Erin, she's so beautiful!! I really love how the umbrella is popped up off the circle panel. The soft colors are gorgeous!! TFS! Have a beautiful day my friend!! :)

Alex

Sooooo cute!!! I just love her and can't wait to get mine and ink her up!! Love the dp too, just yummy! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Stampin' Meg

I like how it's raining flowers!

Ellibelle

This is adorable. Love the papers and your coloring is fabulous.

Stressed Stamper

Adorable - tanks for joining in the copics colour challenge this week

Sarah

Emily

Very pretty card Erin! I just saw Denise's card a minute ago. Great minds think alike! Love the papers you used. Great coloring too!

Lauren

This is adorable erin! I love the colors and her dress is so cute!!!

Karen Mortensen

It's fabulous! I love the 3-d effect you have achieved by taking the umbrella above the centre circle. Just super! Thanks for playing xx

Juliet

A beautiful card Erin and perfect colouring. Just lovely. Thanks for joining us in the Copics Colour Challenge.
Juliet xx