CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, October 3, 2009

First Saturday Spotlight Challenge and Simon Says Challenge for Paige!!!!!!!!!!


Well it's finally time for the first Saturday Spotlight Challenge!!!! So I'm very excited to share my first card with you! The challenge was to create a Halloween card without using a Halloween stamp! Pretty tricky huh? The gals came up with some amazing ideas!!!! I decided to use a Whimsy Stamp since they are our generous sponsor this week. I used Knight Connor, he looks all ready for trick or treat doesn't he? I also used Christmas papers!! Head on over to Saturday spotlight to see what the rest of the ladies have in store.

Fred she said is also doing a world cardmaking day challenge with a 25$ gift cert. up for grabs...more details to follow!

Challenges for this card...
Scrap, stamp and doodle.....Halloween
The pink elephant....polkadots, tag and punch
Stamp with fun....sketch
Whimsy stamps...the eyes have it

Lols from Simon Says challenge blog contacted me to see if they could make their special World cardmaking day challenge in honor of Paige. I was very touched and said of course!!! So their theme for today is a girly card that you can mail to Paige or post pals. I used the sketch from sketch Saturday for this one. I also used one of my girliest images this gorjus girl. Big hugs to the Simon Says challenge team for thinking of Paige today. And thank you to all of you who take part in the challenge. Just email me for my address. Also my blog candy for all cardmakers ends Monday, so be sure to check that out as well.
Thanks for stoppin' by!

19 comments:

Anonymous

Hi Erin!! I think your card is just adorable with Connor!! ;) This is so creative for a trick-or-treat idea!!! Awesome way to think outside the box lady!! I'm so proud to have you on my team!! BIG HUGS

Jessica G.

So sweet -- a knight in shining armor would be a perfect Halloween costume to fight off all those monsters out there that night! Beautiful coloring and fun DP!!

Debbie

This is so Adorable Erin Great idea to use this cute little Guy,Hugs Debbie x

Maria Matter

this was a great idea Erin!! Your card is beautifully colored and the design fab! Great job with the extra challenges too!
I was so nervous getting my post together for today that I forgot to look for challenge....and that is so not like me! lol next time!
Have a super weekend!
blessings, Maria

Boni Boutelle-Jones

This is so cool!! I love how you turned Connor into a Halloween card!

Ria Zonnestraaltje

Gorgeouss cards Erin :) thanks for joining us at Sketch Saturday :)
Hugs Ria

Rachel

both cards are absolutely gorgeous!!
hugs,
Rachel

Darlene

Now this young man is all ready to go door to door for those treats! Awesome creation Erin ... very clever "thinking out of the box" creation!!
I like your other card too ... you've been a busy lady!!! Happy Day!

stampingtink

What a little cutie knight you have there! I love little boys dressing up and going off to save us! He's just perfect! And gorgeous coloring on your gorguss girl! So cute!

stampingtink

And I meant to add that I loved showing off with you today!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug

This image makes the perfect trick or treater!!! You colored him so beautifully and I love the dp!! Perfect NonHalloween image!! You sure rocked this challenge!!

Anonymous

Adorable card. Love how you thought outside the box.

~Denise Lynn~

Two awesome card Erin! Love the idea of Knight Connor as a trick or treat card! Very fun and I love the colors and accents. Your card for Paige is beautiful! Perfectly girly and pretty, great image and accents. :)

Terry

Hiya Erin, love your card hun.....thanks for joining us at Sketch Saturday. Hugs Terry

Anonymous

Two lovely cards, great images and colour combos.
Barbara

Crystal

Erin two fabulous cards, love your knight what a great idea for this challenge!!! Wonderful work!

Sheri Gilson

Fabulous cards Erin!! Thanks for playing along with us at The Pink Elephant this week!!

Sheri

debinicol

Erin---these are great cards. I love the little guy all dressed up to run the streets! cute!

Regina

fabulous cards! thanks for playing along at SSDS!